//

Conor McGregor says Mayweather Lying About Giant Boxing Contracts, You’re ‘Full of Sh*t’

By Timothy James  |  September 21, 2022  |  No Comments

Conor McGregor says Floyd Mayweather Jr. isn’t living up to his “Money” moniker - claiming the boxing icon is ‘full of sh*t’ about his fight purses in a deleted Tweet.

As rumors heat up about a potential rematch between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather - either in an exhibition or professionally sanctioned boxing bout - the Notorious has sincere doubts about Money’s claims about…well, money.

In a since deleted tweet, McGregor responded to Michael Benson’s post about Floyd Mayweather claiming he’ll earn between $15-20 million for his upcoming Rizin exhibition bout against Mikuru Askaura. Floyd was quoted as saying, “it’s cool. Nine minutes, $20 million, not bad.”

McGregor was quick to point out that Floyd claimed he made $100 million for his exhibition with Logan Paul - and even quicker to delete the tweet. According to McGregor, Mayweather hasn’t cleared the $20 million mark since they last fought in 2017. In the tweet, McGregor states Mayweather hasn’t made the list since 2017; in actuality, Mayweather was on the 2018 list, but not the 2017 edition.

This is on the heels of Mayweather stating that he’d like to fight McGregor again - saying that guys like Conor can’t deliver any true punishment. 

The two fought back in August, 2017, where Floyd finished Conor via TKO in the 10th round. It was Mayweather’s 50th and (to this point) final professional boxing bout, only participating in exhibitions since then. McGregor has yet to return to boxing, with his professional record still standing at 0-1.

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram